For a first version, I used a easily available MP3 playerboard:
- MP3 Player: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002420437473.html
- this is so cheap and working so well, it'is incredible...
This board is connecte to a power bank:
- 18650 power bank: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32969695165.html
and a small 2x3W 5V amplifier:
The Amplifier board is connected to 2 loud speakers (2 because stereo is COOOOL):
- loud speakers: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004832493500.html
and some nice buttons:
The wiring diagram is straight forward:
The MP3 player is connected to the power bank. The sound output of the MP3 player is connected to the input of the amplifier. The USB plug / buttons are deported to the faces of the box, also the USB-C plug to recharge the box.
And I printed :
- a nice box designed in Fusion 360
- a cartridge reader slot
- some cartridges containing a USB stick
in addition, to connect the USB cartridges to a computer or to a CD / external MP3 palyer accepting USB sticks, I designed slot with the USB extension cord.