First I tried to refine PLA printed parts:
- printed on slower speed
- painted with XTC-3D coating.
And the same keycap using ABS and acetone bath
I tried many techniques, it turned out that the best one is the simplest one:
- Take a food box.
- Put the paper towel slightly wetened with acetone to the bottom of the box.
- Put a piece of aluminium foil atop of towel in its center.
- Put ABS parts on the foil.
- Close the box with hermetically fit cover.
- Wait 15 minutes.
Despite some curling, I chose ABS parts for their slick ivory look and feel:
So now my keyboard looks like this: