- Node.js V6.x.x (pre-installed during production)
- Fixer.io API
Repository page: https://github.com/tibbotech/gpio-indicators
Updated At: Tue Oct 18 2016
- Configure the LTPS (see the Tibbit layout diagram below).
- Assemble the shift register chain and 7-segment indicators in accordance with the wiring diagram below (wires connecting the 2nd, 3rd, and the 4th resistor blocks to their respective indicators are not shown).
Note: when the power is first applied the indicators may display a random pattern.
- The app utilizes the Request package to fetch data from fixer.io, the Express package to serve static files, and socket.io to enable the link between the onboard app and the web interface.
- The app requests USD exchange rates for a number of currencies. Requests are performed every ten minutes. The rates at Fixer.io are updated daily, around 4 pm CET.
- The USDEUR rate will be displayed on the indicators by default.
- The App's web server listens on port 3000.
The web interface files can be found in the -/static folder.
- The web interface app requests data from fixer.io independently from the onboard app.
- The Angular toolset is utilized to display an exchange rates table.
- The Socket.IO library is used to identify the board's status (the table is hidden if the board is offline) and send the currency data to the board.
To lear more, click here