Finally Something Works -Eric

A project log for Barnabas-Bot

An open-source educational robotics project that inspires elementary and middle school kids to invent through building their own robot

ericeric 03/25/2017 at 00:100 Comments

I finally got the getting to blinky circuit to work! I had to make another board after my horrible failure earlier this week. I had to make revision today after milling and soldering another board. As it turns out my schematic was wrong from the beginning. The 7555 timer should not have it's control pin grounded. I suppose that's what I get for blindly following the tutorial.

Aside from that I have finished the schematic for the Uno clone and have a plan of attack for the immediate future;

  1. Add the desired Barnabas Bot functionality to my current schematic.
  2. Get Dan to run my through all of the Uno functionality I don't understand.
  3. Make a prototype board for each sub-schematic to test the board (divide and conquer).

Till next time