Copyright notice: The images and design are from Stargate SG-1 and are owned by the respective copyright holder, not me.
Everything I created, such as the code, is in the public domain.
- A wooden, full-size replica of a staff weapon that appears as close to the real prop as possible. It will lack some detail due to time and skill constraints, but I think it will be close.
- Update: The head mechanism will be stuck in the open position for now so that I can get this done by the deadline, but wouldn't it be cool if it opened and closed just like the real ones do?
- A series of LEDs in the head will mimic arming and firing effects. They are controlled by a microcontroller and a trigger switch in the control section.
- A small projectile will be fired from the end when a trigger is pressed. It will probably be a battery with a bit of wood. It will carry a bright LED that turns on when fired.
- If there is time, arming and firing sound effects may be added.
- Most importantly, it will be complete before the end of the contest.
Update: Project complete! See the project logs for extensive details, pictures and video. But I'll give you one picture here.