Custom board that re-uses a D1 Mini's carrier board to serve as a USB->Serial->ESP programming jig.
Designed the PCB in Eagle CAD, produced at OshPark.
1) Desolder the ESP module off of the D1 Mini board(using hot air).
2) Solder Pogo pins to board.
3) Add solder to the pads on the adapter PCB.
4) Place D1 Mini board on the pads and heat from below with hot air.
5) Once it settles from the solder melting, it's good to go.
Allows bare ESP module to be programmed from Arduino IDE or using ESP-tool. Woot!
Wemos D1 Mini (or clone)
Custom Pogo Pin Jig PCB
Electronic Components / Misc. Electronic Components
Enjoy this project?