i made quite some progress since last update, which i sadly forgot to documentate
but the efficiency was reduced by like alot (80DB @2.83V @1meter ain't that much) which i couldn't figure out why.
then i realized i had the woofer going up to much regarding frequencies, and the tweeter rolled off too much at 12khz already.
this made me rethink the design around the existing enclosur, because it'll be spilled wood if i don't use them.
so i ordered new crossover parts, and changed (back) to the more accurate (and lower THD) Tangband W4-1320SIF which i originally intended for this project.
I changed the tweeter for the Dayton Audiop ND20FB4 RearMount 3/4" Neodymium Dome Tweeter which has a smoother response curve.
Next i designed a bare bones crossover (of only 4 parts) with existing parts in my lab to filter a bit, hooked everything up, and tested the whole thing.
the results were quite smooth already! but below 800HZ the response was dipping about 6DB, this is bacause phase cancellation of midrange and woofer.
but this is logicaldue to the components used (woofer lpf: 1khz, mid hpf: 300hz)
so new crossover parts are ordered to cross the woofer and fulltange 4" driver at about 400HZ.
Aside from crossover talk, i needed new tweeter holders as well, as the new tweeters are rearmounted.
so i opened up sketchup again and made a very simple design, and ordered at my fave 3D hub at 3dhubs. :)
Now to wait till the crossover parts and tweeter holders arrive.
I also measured the output level at 2.83V, 1000hz again, and got a little over 90 @ 1 meter distance, i'm quite pleased with this.
photo of the WIP speaker righ now: