A portable tool to scan and read information from NFC tags based on the PN532 IC used to explore body implants and other NFC applications.
The Arduino file of the main code that runs on the Adafruit Bluefruit development board.
ino - 5.83 kB - 03/10/2017 at 09:22
The features that I want to develop with the prototype are:
- Read NFC tags and display their type and UUID values on the display (Done)
- Access the memory side of NFCs (WIP)
- Provide simple notifications via RGB led of the state of the device & Buzzer (WIP)
- Implement storing the read data to the SD card that is present behind the display (WIP)
Lessons learned the hard way during this iteration :)
- the breakout board of the PN532 works at 3v3 logic while the shield versions works at 5v
- the PN532 antenna present on the breakout board has to be 0.7-10 mm further away from other electronic components or battery since it messed with the magnetic field and the range of reading decreases dramatically. Initially I wanted a slimmer case but because of this I had to compromise with another 5mm just so the implant in my hand was read easily. Also to get better reception I did a grove on the back of the device exposing the antenna.