- The lamp fetches NTP and Spacestation pass data from the "cloud".
- Spacestation pass data is scraped and stored by the python script, which runs on a remote server.
- The pass data is fed to the ISS lamp on request.
- NTP data is updated every 30 seconds, because the arduino itself is shit at keeping accurate time. :)
- Server IP / UDP port are hardcoded into the arduino code.
Inside the lamp:
- The POE module on the ethernet shield outputs 12V which is stepped down to 5V (replacing the arduino's built in regulator).
- The VFD runs on 5V
- The LED runs on 12V and is controlled using a darlington transistor (as a switch) through a PWM pin on the arduino.
- Datasheet for the VFD found here
I've marked this project as complete, even though I always find an excuse to go back and tweak something...