Hi, this project is a gift to a friend. I m building him a nixie clock with some specs.
- Color (Led + UV reactive paint + eventually bar graph in 9)
- Wifi (openwrt backed on a wr703n)
- Video (optional)
Right now i received the board, cleaned it ( it was removed from an old computer I guess, cut cable parts missing), and tested it. So far the k155 seem ok and the nixie seem's to not have been domaged by time.
The next steps are :
- baking the arduino code with the right wiring ( 7*4 it means 28 I/O) so I m waiting for the i/o extender on i2c. I ll have to check the RTC also on i2C
- ntp time over serial
- flasing openwrt on a new wr703n, still have two spare at rev 1.5
- lots of toggle switch
- encasing : found a openlab with a lasercutter , need to design part pattern and mecanism.