I have assembled all the electronics and the case. It is now a working protype! I started the day with soldering on wires to the led and crimping contacts. I then used some thermal adhesive to attach the led to the heatsink, after 10 minuttes of curing this was the result.
I then wired it quickly together to make sure everything was working
Lets test it!
Now I laser cut out a new backplate that had mounting holes for m2 screws. The m2 screws held the pcb in place. I then assembled it and tested it at the microscope. A temporary sucsess! Now, I will post it on slack that bitraf uses and hopefully recieve som feedback.
I know there are some things that I need to do with it.
- Upgrade the powersuply from 0.75 A to 1 ampere to make the led shine brighter (1A is its limmit)
- Fix the powercable (the cable is temporarily connected with a block connector
- Make a reflector of aluminium (so more of the light gets reflected in to the tube)
I am excited to hear what the feedback is going to be.