I've been very busy with the device lately.
First, I added some Wireless AP advanced features to the user interface :
- Random SSID and passphrase generator : each time the Wireless AP is restarted, a new random SSID and passphrase combo is generated. It could be enabled on boot (default enabled).
- Quick connect : when the Wireless AP is restarted (or SSID / passphrase combo changed), a screen shows these informations (for PC users) along a QR code for quick Android connection.
- Advanced settings : I added new Wireless AP user settings :
- key lenght (32-64-96-128-196-256 bits, defaults 128),
- AP Channel (1 to 13),
- random SSID (defaults on),
- random SSID / passphrase on boot (defaults on),
- request new AP SSID/passphrase
Wireless AP security is locked on WPA2-PSK (hardcoded).
I also added some hardware monitoring :
- Device temperature monitoring. An icon appears if the device runs hot (never happens anymore but we never know) and shuts down on overtemp
- Battery power gauge
Finally, I finished porting the software to the BananaPi board, but I have an issue with the touchpanel driver. More details on this page. I own the official (and very nice) BPi 3.5" display but it is not touch enabled (yet), so I may have to find another display to complete the porting.
Some pictures :