The original O;T project taught us a lot about what would make the perfect Nixie clock. A few years has passed since we started this initiative. While we were busy staring at the orange glow of the Neon-Argon mixture, new parts became available, our design skills evolved and the realisation to start fresh slowly grew.
Now O;TL will be a stepping stone in order to test our new design and the implementation of new features such as:
- Compact minimalistic, all in the beloved ALTOIDS tin form factor
- Powered via USB, no more need for the 12V source.
- App/Web interface for an over the air button-less interface
- WiFi connection using the ESP8266 μController
- High accuracy DS3231 RTC with battery backup
- The BME280 environmental sensor