Now that I have a working prototype I am thinking about my goals for the future of Talker.
- Write a start up script that runs when the device boots up to automatically launch the program in kiosk mode.
- Source smaller speakers.
- Design a 3D printed enclosure.
- Add enhancement of "sentence builder" where user can press icons and they populate a sentence box with text. When a play button is pressed, the whole sentence is read aloud.
- Add enhancement of "user uploads" for custom icons and custom audio files.
- Work with an engineer to choose parts to build a slimmed-down version with only the necessary components. This will be a design that is mass-producible. The raspberry pi was great for building a prototype, but I want to bring down the overall cost and size.