Precision scale base based on HX711 and VFD display
This is a simple precision scale project that employs a cool VFD display. The display is connected to the Arduino by asynchronous serial interface 57600 allowing a satisfactory fast data refresh. The HX711 uses pins A0 and A1 of the Arduino for the communication and provides the power supply for the load cell.
Be advised that HX711 is quite sensitive to power supply fluctuations that affects the output signal; a high stability power supply will improve the overall precision of the scale.
The user interface is very simple and provide readings in Newtons, grams and ounces; I've also implemented an analog bar graph showing the load in % of full scale.
A push button is providing the zero (tare) function of the scale.
- 1 x NORITAKE VFD display mod. GU128x64D-K610A8
- 1 x Arduino NANO (328)
- 1 x 24-bit load cell amplifier mod. HX711
- 1 x 1 kg full scale load cell (four wires)
- 1 x push button (for tare function)
- 1 x Adafruit power boost 1000mAh (optional - just for battery operation)
- 1 x 2000mAh Li-Po battery
Enjoy this project?