I started coding the serial functions for my Arduino. I applied the concepts described in the previous project log - except I made the data latch on the rising edge except for the falling.
At first I got varying lengths of garbage, but as I refined the functions exchanging data the garbage got to double the length as the word I was transmitting: "test". I found that by shifting the data once to the right fixed it and displayed the text with spaces - or 0xFF - in between. I figured out that the transmission did not close properly causing extra data to be transferred. Fixing this made everything work and all the data was always sent and received correctly!
Oh, except for the fact that the data transfer stopped after a certain amount of data sent too quickly. I'm not yet sure if this is the transmitter or receiver, but that's the next step. Its probably some if block I did or didn't put where I should have... Well anyways after that I'll speed up the heck out of it and apply it to my #Open Source Graphics Card.