A critical display that alerts you whether or not your WiFi is on. And some other less important functions as well, I guess.
With everything ordered and printed, I soldered up the electronics. It was an absolute mess, and I'll definitely be ordering custom PCBs for future projects.
I 3D printed several light diffusing sheets of different thicknesses. I ended up going with 0.8mm thick of printed PLA. The pyramid-shaped diffuser was neat but didn't suit the project.
Notice the standoff I ripped out in the middle due to a lack of space.
What a mess.
I ended up running out of space on the main board and put a satellite board on the right side of the enclosure. Luckily I didn't really need a second button!
I designed up a little WiFi symbol to cover up the open hole.
25.5 hours, my largest print yet. Glad the power didn't go out!
Once the frosted glass decal arrived I bought some clear acrylic and cut it to size. The finished result was pretty good.
The acrylic was cut slightly too wide, so I tried cleaning it up without much success. I cut a fresh piece of acrylic and applied the other copy of the decal I ordered.
I changed the original vision slightly by removing the option of doing an internet speed test. I decided I didn't want to deal with having to redesign and reprogram if the internet speed test API changed or went offline.
For the frosted decal I used the website BannerBuzz with the image I designed.
I designed the enclosure in Autodesk Fusion 360 to be 3D printed.