This an upgrade of AnanasStepper(https://github.com/Dark-Guan/Ananas), which is a stand alone closed loop stepper driver.With STM32 MCU, this version has more performance to driver stepper well and CAN Bus support.
(CAN bus Stepper)
|dir/step (I2C Serial)|
with PID Stepper
|Nomal dir/step Stepper|
|Closed loop |
|CAN bus |
|Yes||Need to extend||No|
Why AnanasStepper 2.0?
The answer is simple! the AnanasStepper 1.0 is not good enough.
The goal of AnanasStepper is to build a quasi-industrial grade servo stepper control system.
AnanasStepper 1.0 is based avr328p(Arduino), with DIR/STEP, I2C, and Serial input, driving bipolar step motor. AnanasStepper is A4988 and DRV8825 embedded, with max current reach to 2.0A and 2.5A , which used PID to control the speed and current of the motor.
But the performance can not satisfy me, So I come to The Version 2.0 of AnanasStepper.
Here it comes!!!
Why CAN bus?
First, the event-driven data transmission is carried out at a speed of up to 1 MBit/sec.
Second, the CAN-bus is a 2-wire bus with a line-type topology for network distances of up to 5,000 m, which can be infinitely expanded by interfacing repeaters.
Third, the communication between AnanasStepper will be secure with hardware built-in check mechanism.
So AnanasStepper CAN connect each for more than 110 nodes, with ONLY 4 wires(Power+, GND, CANH, and CANL).
Additional technical advantages of the CAN-bus are:
- Multi-master capable communication
- Data exchange between any CAN participants, field devices and process control computers
- System-wide data consistency
- Reduced bus load through data preparation
- Real-time thanks to guaranteed latency time
- Data transmission security through short telegram lengths (approx. 130 bit)
- Internal fault mechanisms
- Hamming distance (HD) = 6, offers high safety against EMC problems
Application Of AnanasStepper 2.0
AnanasStepper 2.0 play MIDI MUSIC
I tested AnanasStepper to Play MIDI music,And used My guitar as a loud-speaker!
It is not very nice but it works!!