Finally my couple of solenoid valves are arrived, so now I'll be able to control the water flow and routing water to the desired pot, so I started to make all the connections.
I decided to use the same power source that feed the pump as those valves operates at 12V and drains about 300mA. so basicalli I splitted in three the ground and the positive on the power supply and connected in the proper way on the ralay module.
Actually on this parts there isn't much to say, I've just wired up the valves and configured the Arduino pins. All the crucial parts are in the server and in the client code were all the working logics are.
I connected all the water tubes based on my pots position. and those are the reults.
And then I provided all the water to the pots:
This is the final displacement of the system, so as you can see is quite discrete
At this point I'm not going to dive much in the programming parts, I'll
link in the description the GitHut repo with all the codes, Server and
Client side...of course this is a nightly release for all the people
that wants to give it a try and maybe improve it
So as I mentioned before I'll now link the GitHub repo if you wants to give a try, your App (Android/IOS) will look like this at this stage:
The app as I said is very essential and basic, but I works good and do his job nicely, the slider will set how many second the water will flow, by sliding on the right the plant avatar you will have a check box in order to choose if deliver water to that pot, as you can see in the screenshots above we will water only the pepper pots. Pressing the long green button will start the watering process. As soon as I can I will post here a video showing the Demetra in action.
See ya guys!