I know it doesn't look like much, but it's my first proof that my architecture is valid. After more struggles with my software tools, I was finally able to connect to the Cmod board and download. My first successful download gave me this output. There were a lot of things that needed to go right, but I guess I took care of them beforehand. I wasn't sure the clock was set right, and my UART needed to be running at the right speed, etc.
My program loaded the value 35 into ALU A, subtracted 3, and moved the result to the UART. This gives me the value 32 which is ASCII 2. I didn't have a stop to the program, so I think it's wrapping around the whole memory space and executing the code again and again. Fortunately, my program is set up so that a command of all zeroes will do nothing (MOV TRASH -> TRASH).
Next up is writing some software. I should also start thinking about how to do an assembler of sorts. This is where I get into uncharted territory for me. I've never written an assembler. I don't really want to have to worry about keeping track of memory locations for jumps or variables. But maybe that can wait for a little bit. I want to write some programs! Maybe I'll start working toward a bootloader so I can put programs in RAM over the UART.