I have just finished the R2 schematic (in time for the Hackaday Prize deadline!). There are lots of changes, but here are the major ones:
- Disconnected VBUS from 5V.
- Added battery protection (2xBQ29700) and power switch.
- Changed output amplifier configuration.
- Redrew schematic to use hierarchical sheets. While it's still not as good as it could be, it should be readable now.
- Recalculated some resistor dividers on the analog board which were wrong.
- Added test points.
- Completely changed power supply (see schematic for details). No longer using MC34063.
- Added battery monitor connection to MCU.
- Added ATtiny2313A. Its sole job is to program the AD9850 very fast during frequency sweep mode.
You can find the new schematic in the design files on Dropbox (see sidebar on the project page) as OpenGen R2.pdf . The project details will be updated shortly!
The component list has most of the major components (ICs) and is up to date.