On monday I have received the results of the exams I had in past two months. This also concluded my high school days and started my almost 3 months long break. This means I will have a lot of free time to work on this project.
Even though I had final exams spread across the last few months, I did some work on this project. I managed to get parallell drive belts on the y axis, add a servo to drive the x axis. I also calibrated the PIDs for both servos. I added limit switches for x and y axis. The HP45 mounts have also been made and attached to the 3d printer.
Currently I am working on making everything working together. I am also trying to keep everything as clean as possible to be easy to read. Finally I decided on printer to work via web interface, this means no switches, displays, ... (maybe a status led or two). I think this is quite a nice feature as it increases simplicity for the end user. This also makes the printer controllable via tablets or phones (currently it is somewhat useless, but later I/someone could implement a function where user could print things directly from thingiverse or some other site).
I am also working on making new materials for printing. Currently I am focusing on printing with technical ceramics. I have also decided to drop development on hydroxyapatite for now (it is too expensive/hard to produce and rather useless for now).
Also I bought my first 3d printer (150$ replica of geeetech prusa i3). I have done some substantial upgrading like extruder replacement (makeshift version of e3d titan). Now it prints comparably to a Makerbot. This FDM 3d printer also allows me to make this project more friendly for those who don't have a cnc.