I have been soldering the first protoboard. Today morning, when power applied it woke up and everything seemed to work. I have almost up to date schematics on pen-n-paper style, but i think i will not draw them clean, unless requested. Some hardware changes:
- China adjustable buck-converters arrived - these seems to work nicely, though when plugging in the raise time (after two 470uF caps) is quite slow, some hw to keep reset down while voltage is low would be good
- I replaced the LM35 temperature sensor with HTU21D that i found from my stuff - its digital 3.3V I2C connected temperature and humidity sensor. This leaves the (bad) ADC available, and it could be used for say light intensity monitoring.
I also updated the first code to github, that contains the current 'testcode' -- its to be fully rewritten. This one is for proof-of-concept and hardware verification.
I stumbled a bit with memory on the ESP, seems like the WiFiClientSecure (that is needed to send email via google smtp) is a shitty library. For debugging purposes i had my logs ringbuffer quite large -> memory quite low, and the board seemed to throw exception with no good reason when trying to send the email. Shit.
There are few more jump-wires to be connected but then the (board) hardware is done. Other hardware stuff needed is to make case for the ultrasound ranger (measuring water level) and something for the 'water switch' (making sure water appears on the top, and pipe is not disconnected).