This board was created about 3 years ago, and was going to be productised but never made it. So I'm finally releasing it into the wild.
The XCACDV3, CPLDuino is a single board solution to meld Atmels ATmega 328 RISC microcontroller with a Xilinx XC9536XL1 CPLD. Allowing for rapid prototyping of digital circuits without the need for a breadboard. The CPLDuino is capable of passing information from the on board ATMega328 to the CPLD and vice versa, allowing for real-time data monitoring. Thanks to the on-board CP2102 USB to Serial UART, data can be viewed and manipulated via the virtual com port.
Board features include:
- On-board USBUART controller (CP2102) and mini USB connector providing board power and programming.
- On-board voltage regulation 5v & 3.3v, broke out to .1” spaced headers
- Multiple programming options include, USB, UART broke out to .1” spaced headers, ICSP header, Jtag header.
- On board ATmega 328 8 bit micro controller 32Kbytes in-system self-programmable flash program memory, 2Kbytes internal SRAM, 1Kbytes EEPROM, with 14 I/O’s broke out to .1” spaced headers and directly connected to the XC9572XL CPLD.
- 3 I/O’s connected directly to the CPLD’s GCK1,2,3 pins for custom clock configurations.
- Two standard T0-92 type un-populated package connections for use with various sensors.
- XC9572XL 36 MacroCell 3.3v core, 5v tolerant I/O Xilinx CPLD
- 2 user programmable buttons connected to the XC9536XL I/O’s
- 4 user programmable LED’s connected to the XC9536XL I/O’s
1 XC9572XL for board version .4.5