Just a quick update; I am now finally able to make exposures with the new nmigen gateware.
There are a lot of improvements in the new tool chain with respect to ldgraphy on the beaglebone.
- Slicing can be done on the Raspberry.
- Motion can be done with acceleration/jerk profiles
- Steps per scanline can be altered and is not fixed
- Whole code base is one language; Python
- It is much easier to align the optics;
the design of the laser head is improved and
there are algorithms to fix the alignment and calculate; spotsize and cross scan error
I will make a video for the complete process soon.