05/16/2018 at 23:08 •
It's not dead... it just needs time to get data from the fields...
That's where problems start... It took time after I designed the CM3 base board (mother board you could call that) and now Farnell (element14 in some countries) does not supply them any more... well that led me to reinvent the wheel _again_ and stick to the common RPi boards...
So we have again new boards out and we maybe get new (and hopefully similar) data...
Btw the old ones were good... depending on the cellular reception we get 4-6 months of runtime from the 6 Lipo cells! The only problem were the SMD USB connectors... They just died and stripped from the PCB. => Fixed due to the THD connectors on the normal RPi!
Stay tuned, after I've a month or so of experience, I'll publish schematics,...
06/30/2017 at 08:30 •
Well, 4 Stalkers are out there and now the first one drained its batteries.
This gives zoomable graphs and reduces load on the server (and the network).
As you see below, a sampling rate of 0.28mHz (1h :) gives exactly 4weeks of runtime (with the currently unoptimized system!).
I need to say, that I use a ZTE "router" stick.. so there's that 2nd linux running on that stick that makes the UsbLog think it has a USB-ethernet device connected... That draws roughtly the same current as the RPi!
This will definitly change, but was the fastest way to get it ready for the first tests.
05/29/2017 at 16:45 •
So, the first batch of 4 BeeStalkers are out in the fields to gain some experience with the new UsbLog.
Up to now, I only regret making an smd-only board. It sounds like an good idea, but giving the USB connections some rougth treatments, I already had some copper stripping from the FR4.
This means I did right in not publishing the V2 gerbers since I'll change the USB connectors and the DC-plug to THT versions.
The Web-Application is getting better as well. Experimental Google-Maps integration (I track the GPS location) works - so selecting the BeeStalker by its location is possible.
As I find it would not be a good idea to share this nformation ith the whole world, I'll just make some screenshots... so the links to the demo only gives you weight and stuff but hides the cool features :/
05/24/2017 at 17:46 •
The next step is done... the UsbHx711 interface is online (only schematics for now).
I actually have the firmware already quite polished... just give me some more days...
The BME280 and Si7021 interfaces will follow soon.
05/22/2017 at 16:40 •
Here it is, the schematics of the mainboard are finally online.
I really thought I would be able to do this on my last weeks business trip to Korea, but there was too much else to do...
The layout is mostly ready but I think I'll start making the schematics of the sensors ready.
05/17/2017 at 00:58 •
A little update: the PowerBoard V2 schematics (see public-file section here), ironing out some shortcomings, is ready.
Currently I'm abroad for the job I'm making from my living from - so the next update will take some time. This wil be the V2 schematics of the mainboard containing the Compute Module 3.
So far die V1 prototypes are doing mostly fine. I tried to get a small research-grant to give me more time and money for spending more time ob the BeeStalker, but that was not granted due to shortage of public money. But actually 2 research institues are very interested and give this project a try.