- Sending and receiving short text messages on LORA Frequencies , with a MESH layer
- Play a sound on a buzzer , light a RDG LED with a specific color , depending on the type of message received
- Use an internal GPS (on some versions of SnapOnAir.com Communicators) to send coordinates
- Have functions to act as a repeater (each device being a node and a gateway) . Each user is THE HEART of the network
- Offer a joystick to type message on some models, offer a true blackberry Q10 keyboard to fastly enter messages
The hardware side
Most of the devices are based on an Espressif ESP32 microcontroller. This powerful controller has WIFi & Bluetooth built in, making it a nice companion of smartphones or wireless networks.
I started with a small minimalistic model
We made a SSD1306 virtual keyboard opensource library for this device . Virtual Keyboard in GitHUB
Then a version with RGB + Buzzer + USB charging module and Coin battery came
Then a version with a GPS and wider display (low consumption) came
Then a new Touch screen version was made . Touch schematic
After these basic version we made, we focused on 2 luxury models with nice keyboards: one with a custom made Keyboard, another with a Blackberry Q10 keyboard
Here is the complete family !!!!!
I know that most purists hate this but we created a Facebook group to share with no experts. It now has around 900 members interested in the challenge.
The software side
It has been a lot of work , alone, on my short rest time (and also my sleep time). The software part is beginning now. You may help !