So far, a lot of work has already gone into the web UI that will be used for displaying and browsing through pictures and videos.
- show pictures and HTML5-compatible videos in a sleek interface (see pic) suitable for touch-screens
- sort/filter items by date, tags, albums, ratings and types
- stay in touch with the thumbtack sensor device server through HTTP request polling.
Some supporting code has also been done already, such as:
- A file syncing script used to sync up the server's contents with a network photo/video storage folder
- A Python server that processes the HTTP poll requests and translates to serial messages to/from the thumbtack sensor.