12/01/2014 at 13:03 •
As always, I never seem to have time to continue work - but this project is not abandoned yet! The web interface is nearing completion.
Meanwhile, Tom is looking at building a capacitive touch mechanism for putting on the back of the map, and has bought a map the size of his bedroom wall! Mine will only be small.
To be continued!
08/01/2014 at 15:41 •
So far, a lot of work has already gone into the web UI that will be used for displaying and browsing through pictures and videos.
- show pictures and HTML5-compatible videos in a sleek interface (see pic) suitable for touch-screens
- sort/filter items by date, tags, albums, ratings and types
- stay in touch with the thumbtack sensor device server through HTTP request polling.
Some supporting code has also been done already, such as:
- A file syncing script used to sync up the server's contents with a network photo/video storage folder
- A Python server that processes the HTTP poll requests and translates to serial messages to/from the thumbtack sensor.