Sorry for the lack of updates... I've been busy with University over the past month with end of year exams and such, but now that's finished I can turn my attention back to this project!
I will now try to finish off the firmware to a stage where everything is more or less functional, and then I will begin creating a new hardware design based on e-ink technology and ultra-low power consumption electronics, and try to fit in some additional sensors. I may also revise the current OLED watch design to fix the issues with the current hardware, in case people would like to build the OLED version. I know a few people are attempting it!
The next steps for now are:
- Bluetooth 4.0 communications
- Magnetometer driver (and compass application)
- Tap-to-wake functionality
- Alarm clock API and application
- Better PC software for updating calendar, etc.