This is the start of what I could consider an advanced computer for the early 90s on a mini-itx board, so it can be housed easily w/a pre-made power supply. My primary focus is to create a very robust, 68k computer (with MMU because secure multi-tasking) then advanced video and audio making it a good platform for gaming.
The current specs are:
* 68030 clocked at 50mhz
* Yamaha V9990 for video
* Yamaha YMF278B (OPL4) with 2MB SRAM and 2MB of ROM for samples
* IDE Bus for mass storage (PIO mode only)
* 512kB flash memory (boot image)
* 4 port USB master controller (Not legacy, but makes interfacing with modern devices easier)
* 5V FPGA (Flex10k) for bus control
* 2 72-pin SIMM connectors (Up to 256mB of memory, no parity)
Enjoy this project?