Close

Sensor Construction Complete

A project log for Insect Camera Rig

A DSLR camera rig built on the cheap

TecratalTecratal 08/06/2014 at 21:020 Comments

The sensor module is complete. I found a CPVC fitting that was close in size to the diameter of the lens. I had to slightly enlarge the inner diameter so the lens press fits inside. I glued the photo diode to a piece of plastic that fits inside the fitting. I also slotted the edge of the fitting and put a hose clamp around it. This allows me to focus the lens by moving the fitting in and out from the photodiode. I also found a piece of plastic that fits around the outside of the fitting to act as a shade to prevent sunlight from triggering it.

Discussions