Just added a simple decal design option for 5 color compliance. The way I see it is I will need one when this is finished to let people know which printers are 5 color compliant. Which means now I can define what it means to be able to print in 5 colors.
- it has to have the ability to take up to 5 filaments at once
- each filament should have the ability to be activated and retraced individually
- it should have the ability to run all filaments at once
- one or more filaments should be able to fill all interior spaces that can not be seen but make the shape solid and structurally sound
- specialty filaments must be put in a separate nozzle unless needed for design
All of these basic rules that I am setting up will help me accomplish the design. It should also help any further builds along 5 color printers. Any rules that you think that I have missed would make for a good message.