Just wanted to add a final log to this project. It's been a while since I've spent any time on this. In the last 10 months I've moved away from working with the TI chips and instead are using the Nordic nRF51/2 chips. The motivation was partly because they had a more modern processor and software stack (although TI did release their new stuff) but mostly because I could use free and open tools. It's a cold day in hell when I think Eclipse is better than the alternative, but it was.
For everyone who's still interested in this work, please take it and do with it as you will. I'm happy to answer questions but because I no longer have access to the IDE, there's not much else I can do for you.