Last weeks I implemented the microcode ROM in two breadboards:
It's not very beautiful, as lacks me patience to cut wires the exact length and right colors...
Besides that I started to document the circuit in an online tool called EasyEDA. This will be important in two ways:
- Allow to understand the circuit on breadboards (it's a bit different of the Logisim circuit);
- Make it possible to order the PCBs in the future, for a most professional version of the computer.
Links for the Easy EDA schematics (I made them public, but not tested yet):
Another improvement: finally connected the PC, memory (very crude version) and IR together. I'm very anxious to see the computer working after almost one year, even a very basic version, so I made some things simpler, and after I will improve.
Thanks for reading.