05/28/2017 at 12:47 •
after a bit of fussing around and hacking up some USB cables and an AV jack, I've got it all stuffed into this project box. life would be a lot easier if I could find some really low clearance USB cords, but for the time being, this totally works.
Also, not pretty, but once I've got a grasp on cutting out the holes for my Gameboy buttons, I'll be replacing the clear plexi with a (maybe laser cut) black piece. And then you won't reall be able to see the ugly innards :
05/27/2017 at 02:31 •
After much consternation (I was having trouble getting the sketch onto my SparkFun promicro 'cause I'm a dumb) I now have a fully functional USB HID device that my Mac sees as a game controller.
On using Sota's code:
The code Sota wrote for his project seems to be working very well. It's designed for 14 buttons and up to 2 analong sticks. It works MUCH better with both analog sticks installed. I found I was getting a lot of noise when I was just using one, but with two it was quite stable.
Next: a bit of wire hacking. Getting all of the components into the project box comfortably without modding the board is going to requier making some specialty cables and one very short USB cord.