Today we spent most of the time removing the larger remaining parts and disconnecting the front forks from the rest of the bike. We started by removing the engine mounting bracket and taking lots of useful photographs of the cables as they were disconnected. This included the rear brake cable, the main electrics loom and the high voltage stuff.
The bike has roughly 20 cable retention brackets and some of the cables can only be run one way; necessitating many detailed photos. This allowed us to separate the engine from the frame for the first time, although the throttle cable was still connected to keep the throttle assembly as clean as possible. The bike has now only got the front forks and the handlebars still connected. The frames condition was closely inspected, so the appropriate fixes could be arranged. Initially we had guessed that the frame needed welding but this was not the case :)
The frame can be seen in its rusty state. Stay tuned for a much nicer paint job :)