Aug 14 2017 -
It's been a busy few months since my last log. I've updated the solution as follows:
- communication between devices using radio packets
- solution waterproof and solar powered
- solution integrated into Alexa skill
- solution notifies users of status via a kitchen compost bin
The good news is that I've tested the logic and feel comfortable with the analysis algorithm.
The bad (or good, depending on the point of view) is that the solution still requires work:
- I originally designed the solution as an "add-on" to an existing compost bin. Based on user feedback, I need to create an "all-encompassing solution", which includes an outdoor compost bin
- I am unable to power the entire solution (servo, Arduino, and pump) with one rechargeable battery.
I'm in the process of making design changes, now. The goal is to have a more robust prototype available for testing by early September.