08/05/2015 at 10:23 •
Hi guys, i release a new version of the code with some fixes and enhancement. New features:
- Watchdog: the system will reboot if it's stuck for more than 8 seconds (note: you have to be sure you have the last bootloader for arduino mega, older ones have a bug that causes endless reboot. You can easily flash it using another arduino and following these instructions: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11635)
- Restore state: the system will remember its state in case of rebooting or shutting off.
- Safe mode: the system will enter in a "safe mode" in case of any failure (it will stop rebooting after 5 reboots, to avoid undesidered false alarms)
- Log php script: included in the source code, it may be put on a webserver to log you accesses
- Some memory fixes and small stuff
If you are going to use a W5100 ethernet (I finally got a working one) you have to connect pin 10 to the SS pin. Since in this project the pin 10 is used for GSM modem shield, you have to change it (maybe to pin 53, like in the scheme). You may easily do it with a small modification to the library, follow this link:
06/04/2015 at 23:33 •
Ok guys, here we are, I worked a lot and the project is fully finished.
Many many news in the code.
Main change: I switched ethernet library. I used UIPEthernet in order to use standard ethernet call, so you can switch between ENC28J60 or standard W5100 just changing the library inclusion in the code.
Then, a lot of features were added:
- completely rewritten webinterface, now it includes AJAX values update, basic authentication, favicon, colors, styles (look at the pictures in the description
- push notifications
- ipcam activation/deactivation
- enhanced GSM controls and functions
- enhanced messages (for example, when it's alarmed, it tells you which sensors were enabled)
- enhanced domotic control
- more options
- more stability
- lots more, I can't remember them all! :)
I also posted an update drawing of the circuit and uploaded a fully arduino IDE with libraries I used for easy compiling.
Small request: if someone wants to help me to create a cool PCB shield for the project, write me in private!
05/17/2015 at 22:57 •
I made a massive update recently. Now the sketch support both ENC28J60 and W5100 (standard ethernet library).
I also added some new cool features (ip cam control, push notification...).
I will release the code in some days!
03/26/2015 at 06:41 •
Please give me some more votes!
No need for registration, just push "VOTE" on Arduino Anti-theft Alarm Shield. You can vote multiple times.
This is the website: http://www.icstation.com/competition/vote.php
02/28/2015 at 17:52 •
Hi guys, I posted my project in a competition, can you vote for me? It's just one click...
If I won I can get some items to improve my project ^_^
Thanks in advance!
01/20/2015 at 20:53 •
I'm still working on it. I'm working on a new code based on the standard ethernet library, that is also working with ENC29j60 using the ethercard library. I also added some cool functionalities. Unfortunately I got a broken W5100 board so I'm waiting for the new one, so it will still took a while.. stay tuned.
09/21/2014 at 19:45 •
I played around with Webduino library and I think that I will release the final code after replacing ENC28J60 with a W5100, using standard ethernet library and webduino instead of ethercard lib. It's just to complicate and memory-intensive to handle multiple subsequent ethernet calls with ethercard lib (I had to implement a message queue), so for this reason I decide to try to use the W5100 (9$ on ebay) that will make me able to develop a much more stable and nice interface. I hope to put it online in some weeks (I'm waiting for the W5100 shipping :))
09/03/2014 at 09:47 •
I did a massive code cleanup. The system seems to works very well and it's extremely stable (no errors or hangups); I will upload it soon. I also added a second webpage for options and a couple of feature:
- intelligent mode: the system automatically preset itself in "perimetral only" or "perimetral and volumetric" mode based on the day time; it can be manually change as usual, of course
- sensor reactivation: you may choose to automatically re-enable or not windows (perimetral) sensors after activating the alarm with open windows
08/28/2014 at 09:20 •
Refined both ethernet implementation and GSM. Now the system calls and texts a pool of predefined phone number when the system is alarmed; it also answer with a confirmation SMS when the system is enabled/disabled through GSM.
I want to replace ENC28J60 with W5100 for many reason: simpler and more powerful library, no need for external script for sending mail, better reliability.
08/21/2014 at 14:26 •
After implementing access log I found out that sometimes, on multiple sequential "ethernet call", some calls fail. That is due to some issue in ethercard library implementation. However, I'm working on a solution; I decided to re-implement all ethernet calls using a "queue" that emulate a different thread to correct manage connections.