I don't know how this keeps happening, but the misery spreads despite all my warnings. The latest victims include four hands from SparkFun. You think they would have known better:
What I learned from watching the pros at work:
- I used the stock KiCad 0201 footprint (which I may or may not have verified against the data sheet). This is appropriately inappropriate for hand soldering.
- You don't need the data sheet if you test your components.
- Speed is good, but attention to detail is King.
- There is far less swearing at SparkFun than at my workplace.
- I've got to get me a loop!
- My chance at getting hired on at SparkFun may have significantly decreased.