This has been an ongoing project since early May, when we first moved in to an unfurnished apartment. All furniture in the room (aside from the mattress) is custom built and designed to be easy to replicate. Features include:
- Custom white hardpanel flooring laid over the standard carpet to both protect the carpet, make dropped components easier to find, and improve cleanup time.
- A full 16-foot floor-to-ceiling whiteboard wall for inspiration and laying out ideas
- Over 70 feet of shelf space for projects and tools
- Storage solutions for scrap material and finished projects
- A custom CNC standing electronics bench
- A time-lapse camera setup for automatically documenting projects and streaming live hacks
We're releasing Instructables as we go, and we plan to be "finished" (i.e. all major features complete and instructions posted) before the year's end.