Project = Product

A project log for Battery Desulfator Kit, TESLA 12V compatible

This is a fast, heavy-duty Pulse Engine derived from my Commercial grade desulfator. Up to 80% battery yields overnight.

mosaicmercmosaicmerc 07/01/2018 at 01:280 Comments

Ok, so I can finally say this has transitioned to product stage. A few customers achieved and now manufacturing of the 1st 125 production units has started.
Along the way I did some testing on 150Ah deep cycle batteries and improved the s'ware to handle them better as they have different thermal characteristics and stronger construction than starter batteries.

The system uses both PIC and ESP12 processors to handle processing and communications independently.

The online interface is working ok with real time science  telemetry coming back from as far as Africa now. Customers can monitor their accounts with multiple re-generators running.

I am adding a wifi LED indicator to the front panel as WiFi loss is an issue for the telemetry.

An automotive brake lamp combined with a Kilo Amp schottky pulse diode now handles back emf pulses from the battery and runs the output FETs mucg cooler in their SOA with no more FET avalanche burnouts.

Replaceable battery clamps now use spade connectors and #12 AWG copper cabling x 2. Battery clamps are now tinned with lead/tin solder to counter galvanic clamp corrosion from battery out gassing.

I have determined that in addition to de-sulfation, removal of dendrite hydrate crystals which cause cell shorting is also happening, but it can take a couple regeneration cycles for the tougher hydrate crystals. They are characterized by loss of voltage from a cell (e.g. a 10.5 to 10.8V output from a 12V battery) and cell heating during the multi hundred amp pulse process. Note that they have the same symptoms as a plate sludge shorted cell, but deep cycle cells (AGM) don't develop sludge shorts.