Check out our crowdfunding campaign: https://igg.me/at/k-mometer
Competitor devices have issues such as:
- Probe cabling that melts
- Probes that stop working
- Bad range
- Random device disconnects
- Measure internal temperature of food such as roasts, grilled and smoked BBQ meats for safety and quality
- Use as a candy thermometer (e.g. Monitor marshmallow syrup temperature)
- Check oven temperature accuracy (some ovens are 30 degrees off!)
- Check grill temperature for smoking BBQ
- Industrial and scientific use cases such as steel making or HTST pasteurization process for milk
- Standard Wi-Fi (2.4GHz 802.11/b/g/n) with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) push button setup. Connect directly to your existing Wi-Fi access point. No external hub required!
- Industry standard Type K Thermocouple sensor and probe. The included probe supports up to 400 degrees Celsius or 752 Fahrenheit (the sensor itself can support wider temperature ranges, from -270 degrees C to 1372 degrees C)
- Industry standard Type K panel connector for easy interchange of thermocouple probe for different application requirements
- Built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 18 hours on a single full charge (can use while charging with external USB battery)
- On/Off power switch for extending battery life when not in use
- LED status indicators for battery charging and Wi-Fi activity
Mobile app features
- Simple user interface for setting temperature settings and viewing current temperature readings
- Notification alerts when desired temperature readings have been achieved
- Data logging and graph view
- Secure login and authentication with personal user account
- Achievements and rewards
- Over-the-air firmware updates
- Support for iOS and Android
Why did we build it?
We want you to be able to not only cook perfectly, but cook safely.
Food borne illness is still a very big public health challenge in the United States alone. The CDC estimates that EVERY year there are 48 million cases resulting in 128,000 hospitalizations, and out of that unfortunately 3000 fatalities. This is really too much of a social problem to ignore and we can reduce these numbers dramatically and save lives if more households in America had the K-Mometer.
The only way to TRULY know if your food is safe to eat is if you cook it to the exact internal temperature recommended by the USDA. For example, that’s 165 degrees Fahrenheit for turkey. Recent research has also shown that color and texture are not RELIABLE indicators of whether the food is truly done. If you don’t have this information, chances are you can get very sick, and of course that’s not a very good thing, especially if you have young children and/or seniors you’re taking care of.
It has to be fun and affordable too!
We want to help solve real world challenges with our connected devices, like the K-Mometer. The devices shouldn’t just be about the coolness factor. They should also address a real need. But how many times have you walked into Best Buy or Target or Walmart and said, "That looks like a cool gizmo but it’s way too pricey for me" … you get that sticker shock right? Our goal is to make these devices affordable so that everyone can have access to them, not just if you’re in the middle or upper class income range. The K-Mometer is only the first device in what we hope to be a pipeline of devices that will each help solve different challenges.
Also, it should be fun to use. How many times have you used a gizmo for a few weeks and then it sits on the shelf? That’s why we’re also building a true rewards system into the mobile app. Collect points for using the K-Mometer on a regular basis and then redeem them for rewards later.
So not only are you going to be ensuring that the food you cook tastes great, is safe, but you’ll have fun doing it.
When are we delivering it?
Read more »
The K-Mometer will be ready to ship in the Fall of 2017. The first 250 units will be ready to ship in November, followed by product delivery to our next 1000 customers in December. It...