1. Addressed challanges
- normal drivetrains with wheels can move in one direction only (without steering). We want a drivetrains that can move in any direction without steering (kind of like the hummingbird)
- elimination of a gearbox, which is too heavy and complex.
2. Ball based drivetrain can change direction by tilting a ball. This drivetrain does not require a gearbox. It can go continuously from forward to backwards, and in any direction. Also it is direct drive.
3. World changing? Sure! Soon we will have robots on trippin' balls!
5. GitHub repository: Software not ready https://github.com/RoGeorge/tibi_the_robot_with_balls
6. MIT license, do whatever you want, but please don't blame me.
The basic idea for a tilted ball as an omnidirectional wheel, in order to build a holonomic drivetrain: