07/24/2017 at 07:49 •
Yesterday the new half mounted version of the rbot fell down the desk and one of the bumpers higes broke.
So I did some reinforcement in the design. The top image is the old version and the bottom image is the new version:
07/23/2017 at 14:58 •
Quick video showing one of the simplest behaviors: the robot reacts to bumps detected with the microswitches, and changes trajectory accordingly to avoid the obstacle:
I used the previous chassis version (old parts printed in white PLA, one of the new version wheels in gray), before I mount everything on the improved chassis (shown in other logs, in yellow PLA)
07/22/2017 at 10:51 •
One of the goal of the design is to reduce the amount of "vitamins" or buyed parts as much as possible, and at the same time to simplify the assembly.
So I modified the main chassis piece some to allow to snap in the wheel's servo motors, hoping they would hold in place firmly. The results are great, four less screws and motors quickly intalled.
07/22/2017 at 10:08 •
I've made a quick video showing the microswitches working with the arduino's internall pullups enabled, so you spare an external resistor:
07/20/2017 at 11:26 •
For better assembly of the rubber band (after noticing the inconvenience of having to remove the wheel to replace the band), I've redesigned the wheels so that the band is easier to put/remove.
Watch this video to learn how to put the rubber bands on the wheels: