Pedro Petit Robot full kit is available on Tindie:
You can also order your Pedro Petit Robot 3D printed on Thingiverse:
Pedro Petit Robot - Graphical User Interface
Pedro Petit Robot - Demonstration
See below for the Arduino code used for this demonstration.
Pedro Petit Robot is equipped with 4 mini SG90 servo motors.
- The servo motor 1 placed at the base of Pedro Petit Robot allows it to rotate 180 degrees on itself giving a very wide field of view of its environment.
- The servo motor 2 placed shoulder level allows it to rotate 180 degrees vertically.
- The actuator 3 the elbow makes it possible to lift objects gripped.
- Servo 4 is Pedro Petit Robot's gripper which allows it to catch any object in its field of view and move.
Pedro Petit Robot is a programmable robot with the Arduino IDE thanks to an embedded card equipped with an Atmega328 microcontroller with a storage capacity of 1024 bytes enabling it to record a sequence of 255 positions on each axis and to replay them continuously. The Pedro board is powered by 6V and has 2 pushbuttons each connected to a pilot led allowing different functions to be realized (example: button 1 to register or initialize the movements of the robot, button 2 to replay or stop robot movements, "You're only limited by your imagination" Pedro Petit Robot can be controlled by 4 potentiometers, each connected to an axis, base, shoulder, elbow and gripper. The Pedro card has a USB TTL serial link to connect Pedro Petit Robot with a computer.
Board components required
- Atmega328P x1
- 22pF capacitor x2
- 10uF capacitor x1
- 0.1uF capacitor x1
- 220 ohm resitance x5
- 16Mhz quartz x1
- regulator 5V LM7805 x1
- Led 5mm x2
- push button x2
- potentiometer 50k or 10M (have been tested) x4
- pin header x16
- dc power jack 2.1mm x1
Arduino mapping with Pedro board
- Button 1 => digital pin 12
- Button 2 => digital pin 13
- Led 1 => digital pin 9
- Led 2 => digital pin 10
- Servo 1 => digital pin 3
- Servo 2 => digital pin 5
- Servo 3 => digital pin 6
- Servo 4 => digital pin 11
- Potentiometer 1 => analog pin 5
- Potentiometer 2 => analog pin 4
- Potentiometer 3 => analog pin 3
- Potentiometer 4 => analog pin 2
Easily programming with Arduino Software (IDE).
A graphical user interface allows to control Pedro Petit Robot with more function like manage speed. It's developed in python 3 and it's available on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Pedro Petit Robot is open source, free software. Please...Read more »