It works! Quaternions are gathered from the BNO and sent back to a desktop application:
Now the real work begins:
- Need a second one!
- I'm sharing this one with a local college, having two means myself and that group can work without stepping on toes.
- Need to hook up more BNO055s and test with all of them being polled.
- At least 3 initially for thumb, index, and middle fingers.
- Write real desktop software to do user testing, not this repurposed Qt example stuff.
- I need to learn more about the math involved. You can see in the gif that the rotations are being applied backwards.
- Start work on the next PCB version!
- Will use surface mount components!
I've handed off the functioning PCB to H2I (Human Interfaces Innovation Lab) where they'll begin working to integrate it into gesture recognition tools.