In my previous blog I told about the weak construction of the Axle between Art1body and Art2BodyB. I also had to find a way to fix the Axle in Art1 because of the rotation sensors in Art2BodyB.
So I decided to design a custom part. The green AxleHolder part in the photo below is the solution for both problems. It replaces the bearing and the bearing ring holder. The same Axle holder can be used for the axle on the right side. (Note: There isn't room for the Art23OptoDisk anymore. Danny's design doesn't need one).
The new parts and the place it will fit on.
The hole for the Axle is very tight. I did put the Axle in a electrical screwdriver and used it to "screw" it into it's place. Because of the friction the plastic melts a little bit and that keeps the Axle in it's place.
The other side.
Both axle holders are mounted. You need 20mm screws.
After putting everything back together it feels much sturdier. No wobbling axis anymore.
The AxleHolder part is available for download: AxleHolder.stl