Today I installed the Raspian Jessy operating system on my Raspberry Pi and did some configuration stuff. I did run into a snag of sorts, but got everything fixed in the end.
When I put Noobs on the SD card I have it failed to boot. After some research I discovered that is a known issue with SanDisk 64GB SDXC Ultra cards. Bummer. So, rather than give up, and go buy another card I tried skipping the Noobs install and just burned the Raspberian ISO image straight to the SD card. That worked out well for me and the OS booted right up no problem.
That done, I went on to configure the OS in the following order.
1. Updated the installation by running the following command "sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y"
2. Changed the pi user password. This is important for security so run the following command and change the password. "passwd pi" then follow the instructions at the prompt.
3. Enable the SSH server. I did this trough the configuration GUI. Just look through the menu until you see SSH then click on the enable radio button.
4. Install Apache Http server. I also did this from the GUI. Just go to Add / Delete software and search for Apache.
5. This step is not done on the raspberry pi, it's done on the computer you plan on using to administrate your mirror. Google a program called Putty and install it. Putty is a simple SSH GUI / emulation terminal for UNIX / Linux.
That is as far as I got today!