This PCB will replace the stock RF modulator box. It will have different connector options for outputting audio and video, as well as a breakout for the channel select switch.
- Fits in the stock location
- Works with the original NES adapter
- Has connectors and switch for NESRGB to make for a clean install
I plan to support these AV options:
- composite video with mono audio
- composite video and "stereo" audio (standard 3 RCA TV connection)
- RGB + composite using a Retrofixes SNES style multiout connector. (Requires existing RGB mod) This will be my version.
- RGB output directly to the Framemeister's 8-pin mini DIN connector. (Requires existing RGB mod)
The first two options require no modification to the chassis. All other versions will require some chassis modification, but it will minimal.
Also, the channel select switch will have a breakout. This can be used as a palette selector switch if using the NESRGB mod.
This PCB is designed specifically with Tim Worthington's NESRGB board in mind. The RGB board is a cheaper option than the Hi-Def NES HDMI modification. Plus, all of my other consoles can output RGB with little modification. Converting everything to RGB and using OSSC as lower cost alternative to the Framemeister is a good option for me.